Robin has years of experience working with retirees and other seniors in providing creative solutions to their real estate needs. The following article from SRES describes the unique skills of an SRES designee........
How Can a Seniors Real Estate Specialist® Help Me?
An SRES® designee can help you make wise decisions about selling the family home, financing, buying rental property, or managing the capital gains and tax implications of owning real estate, among many other issues. In addition to guiding clients to the right experts on tax laws, probate, estate planning, and a variety of equity conversion strategies, Seniors Real Estate Specialists® can offer clients relevant information on current trends in senior real estate transactions.
The SRES® Designation course seeks to instill each student with the knowledge and understanding of, and empathy for, 50+ real estate clients and customers, while educating students on developing the business building skills and resources needed for specialization in the 50-plus real estate market.
Your SRES Designee has:
- learned the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA).
- adopted methods for counseling the 50+ buyer and sellers
- committed him/herself to focus on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters
- developed sensitivities to 50+ issues on priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions
- established reputable services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position him/herself as a trusted real estate advisor
- assembled a team of experts to help serve 50+ clients and customers
- been educated on the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages
- learned about the uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- gained an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50+ real estate decisions
- the ability to help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans
- the knowledge to recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50+ borrowers
A national program since 1998, the council now has Seniors Real Estate Specialists® in all 50 states and Canada and adds hundreds of new members every month.
SRES members are not qualified to give legal or tax advice and the SRES Council does not guarantee the accuracy of its members' information. All clients are strongly urged to contact a real estate attorney or certified public accountant to obtain legal or tax advice.
Copyright 2007 SRES - All Rights Reserved
Robin Masland, SRES
RE/MAX REALTY GROUP -- REHOBOTH
We specialize in Sussex County, Delaware real estate and have clients in Kent County and New Castle County throughout the entire state of Delaware.
Be sure to check out the Delaware real estate for sale in each of these towns: Bethany Beach Real Estate, Bethel Real Estate, Blades Real Estate, Bridgeville Real Estate, Clarksville Real Estate, Dagsboro Real Estate, Delmar Real Estate, Dewey Real Estate, Dewey Beach Real Estate, Dover Real Estate, Ellendale Real Estate, Farmington Real Estate, Felton Real Estate, Fenwick Island Real Estate, Frankford Real Estate, Frederica Real Estate, Georgetown Real Estate, Greenwood Real Estate, Gumboro Real Estate, Harbeson Real Estate, Houston Real Estate, Laurel Real Estate, Lewes Real Estate, Lincoln Real Estate, Milford Real Estate, Millsboro Real Estate, Millville Real Estate, Milton Real Estate, North Bethany Real Estate, Oak Orchard Real Estate, Prime Hook Beach Real Estate, Ocean View Real Estate, Rehoboth Real Estate, Rehoboth Beach Real Estate, Roxana Real Estate, Seaford Real Estate, Selbyville Real Estate, Slaughter Beach Real Estate, Smyrna Real Estate, South Bethany Real Estate